Monday, December 30, 2013

Nipples & A Fracture

A reader was kind enough to contact me about a few accuracy issues in "All of Me." I had accidentally written "nipples," when - of course - Stella only has one. That I had already corrected, but there was also the issue with Nathan's hand.

Now, I am a certified Web M.D. ;), so I like to think I know my way around basic medical terminology.

Apparently, not so much.

Fracture = broken. Now that I think about it, it makes sense. And I'd meant to say Nathan's hand was just sprained/bruised, anyway, so why I wrote that is beyond me!

Which brings me to my point (finally!): it's very hard to get perspective on your own words, because you know what you meant. Your eyes see what you meant, not what is written. It's a crazy brain trick that can only be corrected by having a fresh set of eyes read your writing. Another valuable lesson learned, right? ;)

I hope my frequent blogging and stream-of-consciousness posts aren't boring you guys to tears. It's just I feel like the readers are on this journey with me.

Well, that, and I just like to talk. A lot. ;)

~Gina

No comments:

Post a Comment